Poetry Slam Official Rules
Stop the Beauty Madness Video Poetry Slam Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Stop the Beauty Madness (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older (19 years or older in AL and NE) or through an adult, and need not be located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Be Who You Are Productions, Inc., a Maryland Corporation (“Sponsor”) and Melissa May (“Promotion Administrator”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, retailers, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Promotion and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 noon Eastern Time ("ET") on July 7, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 29, 2014 (the "Promotion Period").
3. How to Enter:
a. Contest Daily Entry. During the Promotion Period at www.stopthebeautymadness.com (“Website”) you may click on the link to locate the official Contest Rules. Entrants must comply with all required submission information as posted in the Contest Parameters. All entries must mention Stop the Beauty Madness in the actual poem.
All entries will not be the intellectual property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein. Entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, not received, or do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules will not be entered into the Contest. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification from the Sponsor or the Promotion Administrator.
All poems remain owned by the Author(s). Sponsor retains non-exclusive worldwide rights to use any entries submitted in any form.
b. Grand Prize Drawing: On or about August 4, 2014, the Promotion Administrator will conduct the judging of all eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period. Judging criteria will be based upon 50% content and 50% delivery. Judging consists of a panel of three judges, including the two co-founders of Be Who You Are Productions, Inc. and Marie Ospina.
4. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds: One (1) Grand Prize: Cash prize of $500 (2). Prizes for second through sixth place are cash prize of $100 each. Total ARV of Grand Prize is $500. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangements for delivery of prize will be made after winner validation. At the Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Only one individual submission is allowed, however group submissions may include that individual for additional entry eligibility.
5. General Rules: All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. All potential winners will be contacted by email, by participating in this Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the independent Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Contest.
Contest Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected or for non-delivered or postage-due mail; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or for printing, distribution or production errors; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants' or any person's computer; (v) causes beyond Promotion Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (vii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Contest, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; (viii) by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Contest or (ix) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
If for any reason this Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or Promotion Administrator that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of this Contest, or if this Contest is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Promotion Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries/entrants and/or modify, suspend and/or terminate this Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the stated end date of the Contest Period, the judge panel will select any remaining winners from among all eligible entries received through all entry methods combined as of the time/date of termination.
Promotion Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process, who acts in a disruptive or unfair manner, or who attempts to enter using any automatic or programmed entry method, or any entry service. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be declared made by the person in whose name entry was made.
6. Release & Waiver: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Contest Parties from and against any and all liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Contest. By participating in this Contest, entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
7. Publicity: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ poems, names, voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
9. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction: This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of Maryland. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Maryland for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest.
10. Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for this Contest, please visit www.stopthebeautymadness.com. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed on August 4, 2014 and also may be requested from the Promotion Administrator Melissa May c/o Be Who You Are Productions, Inc. located at 30722 Kingston Road, Easton, MD 21601and email@example.com.
11. Sponsor: The Contest Sponsor is Be Who You Are Productions, Inc.
12. Promotion Administrator: The Contest is administered by Melissa May c/o Be Who You Are Productions, Inc. located at 30722 Kingston Road, Easton, MD 21601 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poetry Slam Contest: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 and older (19+ in AL and NE). Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Contest ends July 29, 2014. Subject to the posted complete rules and regulations.